Looking to achieve clarity and make progress in your writing?
Are you a non-fiction writer, aspiring author, creative entrepreneur, or poet?
Welcome! You’re in the right place.
Hey friend, I’m Amanda and here’s what I believe about you:
You already hold every key you need to unlock every door you want to walk through in your writing journey.
Sometimes, you simply need an engaged listener to ask thoughtful questions so you can sort through your keys.
That’s where coaching comes in. I love to help writers name what they want from both the art and business of writing.
As a certified writing coach, I partner with you through active listening, genuine empathy, and powerful questions, so you can make intentional and measurable progress.
I work with writers who are:
- overwhelmed by the speed & demands of the internet
- trying to balance the writing/parenting life
- paralyzed by decision
- feeling creatively ‘stuck’
- writing a book
- contemplating a pivot
- unsure of how to define their reader
- unclear on their specific message
- seeking to improve their time management/productivity
Through coaching, we partner together so you can:
- get clear on your writing vision, strategy, & reader profile
- write your book
- create writing routines tailored to your own life
- attune to your time management & energy levels
- name your values, priorities, & creative season
- cut through the inner noise & define success for yourself
- ask the hard questions about creative blocks
- create structure for accountability
- make tangible progress
- celebrate every small step forward
As a lifelong writer, I understand the courage it takes to treat your work with professionalism, even when you’re not in a season of creative harvest.
Your words matter, friend, and the world needs them.
I believe our collaboration can help you cultivate your innate ability to listen to your own writing life, and unlock sustainable creativity through a co-creative relationship.
You’re invited to come sort through your keys—I’m saving you a spot.
“I tried to finish a book by myself for many years. Since Amanda became my coach, she has helped me to stay focused on my goals, identify distractions, remain accountable, and be honest with my process and emotions without giving up.” —Angie
“Amanda has a gift for asking insightful questions. She has helped me unpack obstacles that have been holding me back, set attainable goals, and create a writing routine that’s actually doable. I recommend her highly.” —Michaela
“Amanda has been crucial part of my process, helping me to navigate my specific writing goals through thought-provoking questions and incredible attention to detail.” —Brittany
1) What is writing coaching?
So glad you asked!
Writing coaching is a partnership between a coach and client designed to move the client toward their stated writing goals.
Since the client’s own writing life is the point of focus, the client is the true expert. The coach is present in order to provide support, offer occasional guidance or suggestions, and to ask thoughtful, powerful questions.
In a digitally noisy world, we find ourselves with less and less time to pause, reflect, dive deep, and discover our next step forward. That’s where coaching comes in (especially for verbal processors and busy entrepreneurs).
The truth is, you already have all the answers inside you. Our job in a co-creative partnership is to give those answers a way into the world.
2) What is a coaching session with you like?
Each 1-on-1 coaching session is 50 minutes long, and follows a similar pattern. We:
- check in together
- review where you’ve been
- hear where you want to go
- explore what might be keeping you from getting there
In each session, we’ll team up to build a realistic, workable strategy to get you moving directly toward the success you’ve defined for yourself.
You, the client, are in control. You decide what we tackle and when, and you take the necessary steps outside of our meetings to make the progress that you name in our sessions.
The coaching process will also allow you to curate helpful questions to use in coaching yourself in the future.
3) Since you’re a writing coach, will you read my work and give me feedback?
In a technical sense, critique of written work falls into the category of consultation, versus coaching. My coaching focuses on helping you hone your vision, strategy, and steps for your overall writing life.
If you’re interested in separate editing services for your non-fiction or poetry, contact me for pricing and more info.
4) When/how do we meet?
We’ll meet online, via Zoom. When is totally up to you! After you choose the number of sessions you’d like to purchase, you’ll be able to schedule individual sessions based on your own availability.
Here is what my typical availability looks like:
Don’t see the time slot you need? Get in touch with me to determine whether I have an available time that would work for you.
5) How much does it cost?
Pricing depends on the number of sessions you choose. Individual sessions are $85, and package sessions are progressively discounted. To make sure our partnership is a good fit, and that you don’t spend money on a service that won’t meet your writing needs, we’ll meet for a free 25 minute call to discuss your goals and answer any questions you have. Be sure to get on the W.I.P. (work-in-progress) List to be notified of sales!
Sometimes people are surprised at coaching price points, and I’ve been there. What I’m learning as a writer is that investing in our work also invites us to name it as worthy. Exploring our own creative journey through coaching truly layers our lives with deeper self-understanding and artistic attunement. In essence, it’s freedom.
What else should I know?
I know, I know—we’re both already bored.
Still, If you want to purchase coaching sessions with me, you’ll be asked to verify our Coaching Agreement, a legally binding document, at the point of sale. I’ve been careful to make sure they’re straightforward.
Below is a summarized, user-friendly version of the terms and conditions set out in the Coaching Agreement, so you can get a feel for the Coach-Client Relationship. Please read the complete Coaching Agreement before signing.
I offer question-centered coaching sessions for writers seeking to clarify their message, audience, business strategy, and path to achieving their stated writing goals. By making a purchase, you are agreeing that neither I, nor anyone associated with the Services, shall be held liable for any damages, whether direct or indirect, or any economic loss arising directly or indirectly from the Services.
You also understand that you are solely responsible for your own progress and success, and that no guarantees or warranties whatsoever are extended or offered from the Coach, due the wide range of factors that can impact a Client’s success (previous skills, education, and experience; health; extenuating family circumstances, etc.). You understand that this not counseling, therapy, consultation, or editing, nor is coaching a substitute for any of these.
The Coach is responsible for
- providing links for scheduling sessions/meeting virtually
- showing up on time
- arriving prepared
- listening attentively
- asking questions to help the Client determine their goals
- maintaining Client confidentiality
- securely storing notes and recordings
- communicating clearly and honestly to bring forth the best from the coaching engagement
- holding to a professional code of ethics (I model my practice after ICF standards)
The Client is responsible for
- spending sufficient time reviewing the Coach's work (i.e. through a discovery call) to know they are comfortable with the Coach's style—dissatisfaction with Coach's coaching style will not be grounds for termination)
- scheduling purchased sessions through the provided link
- showing up to sessions on time (If the Client does not show by the 15 minute mark, the session is forfeited and no refund will be issued)
- giving 48 hour notice if they cannot make a scheduled session
- rescheduling any sessions they have provided notice for (I cannot reschedule for you—you must use the Calendly link to reschedule)
- creating the space, energy, and time to fully participate in the program
- communicating honestly to bring forth the best from the coaching engagement
I reserve the right to determine if our coaching relationship is not a good fit, and to terminate services, in which case a refund will be issued for any sessions we have not completed. No abusive/disrespectful communication will be tolerated, and is grounds for the Coach to terminate services.
Payment is due in full at point of purchase. You understand that by purchasing from me, you are reserving space on my calendar and limiting the bookings available to others. Sessions and packages are sold as whole entities, and will not be refunded either in part or in whole. No-shows will not be refunded.
You understand that I will not share your information or our conversations with anyone else. All sessions will be recorded and stored securely, and you are free to request a recording. You understand that I am legally and ethically obligated to disclose any information you share with me to appropriate authorities, if called upon to do so by a court of law or in cases where self-harm is suspected.
How are we doing? Okay?
Reading walls of texts on the internet is a chore, but you’re doing great!
Ready to book a free 25-minute discovery call? Click here and let’s meet.
Questions? Fire away—I'm here for you.